Ir al contenido principal

Free topic: A Personal Voyage



Hello there

This time I didn’t really know what to talk about, so I started thinking about some issues from my childhood. I remember when I was a kid I used to play on my computer and review the famous ‘Encarta’. One day my mom came and gave It to my sister and me a CD. 

That CD contained the famous TV series 'Cosmos: A personal Voyage'. The series was produced in 1978 and 1979. Despite that, it had incredible special effects and a great montage. What I admire most about the series are the incredible landscapes and its producer, Carl Sagan. 


Los 11 momentos más memorables de 'Cosmos' de Carl Sagan, que ...


Music is another highlight: it fits perfectly with each scene and is composed by the famous Greek composer Vangelis. 

I remember that with this series I began to be interested in science fiction themes, the universe and to have my first existential doubts. 

If you are interested in this type of subject, I invite you to search on youtube: Cosmos. It is really a great program and deserves to be valued 

To finish, I say goodbye with this quote:

“The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us -- there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, of falling from a height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries.” 
(Carl Sagan, Cosmos)

Comentarios


  1. Hi Sebas! The cosmo and astrophysics have always caught my attention, I have a book of that, but to read it you must have a previous study hahaha

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hi Seba! How nice I remember the "Encarta"!! I also had fun with it when I was younger :') I find to the themes in the serie "Cosmos" are very interesting to see =) by the way...good quote, greetings!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Oh man Encarta was just awsome i spend hours there, was son fun in that time, is fantastic how that now is totally obsolete and no one would use.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. hi seba, I also remember having the encarta as a child, it was spectacular, especially visiting the Egyptian temple or the Roman coliseum through virtual tours

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario